Friday, March 11, 2016

little people, BIG hearts

 

"But Jesus called the children to Him and said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Luke 18:16

I love the way kindergartens describe each other.  They use adjectives i like. It makes me realize role models aren't just tall, seasoned and old.  Some of my favorite role models these days are actually young and a lot shorter than me. 

Many students remind me each day what is really important.  Respect, compassion, kindness, genuine concern.  They accept and love me as i am, even on days when i'm tired and chewing nails.  Opening a door for me, wishing me a good morning, sharing a laugh, waving good bye... and doing it for only one reason, they want too. There are no hidden agendas or motives.

No wonder Jesus declared the heavenly kingdom belongs to those like them.  Pure heart, open acceptance, honest words, joyful love.

Father, draw me more into a childlike faith.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment