Monday, March 7, 2016

my! what big ---

"Do not repay evil with evil, or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:9

My! What a big mouth you have!
My! What big ears you have!
My! What a big nose you have!
My! ...

No, i'm not referring to the big, bad wolf in the fairy tale, but to the big, bad politicians in our country.

Campaigning for the highest office in America has hit a new low. The name calling and ugliness of the election is embarrassing, to say the least.  Who hasn't been bitterly shocked with the endless personal attacks and insults?

I find myself asking, "What type of values is this teaching our children? Where is the honesty, maturity and integrity from our leaders? Where are the positive, respectful role models they need?"  

Then i remembered.  I know where some are...  in schools, churches, families and neighborhoods. There are people who are accountable and doing what's right. Everyday i witness the kindness and goodness of teachers, people who care greatly about the welfare of their students.  I see them willingly sacrifice personal time to help and encourage students in lessons, those in books and in life. I watch as they cheer them on to greater achievements.  I hear them coach students regarding good choices. Believing and instilling and living  good character traits, that's what i see teachers do -- everyday.  Thank goodness, political elections don't occur every year.

So, as crude as the big, bad politicians are, there is hope. Positive, respectful and descent role models still surround our children.  I am thankful to serve with one of the finest group of mentors i know, teachers.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.  

friend, we are loved and chosen by God, 
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment