Friday, March 4, 2016

the longest day...

Jesus said...
"'Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.'" John 14:1-3

12 hours and counting... for many people this might be a normal working day. But not for me; working 12+ hours is a test of character.  And as my longest day progressed for Book Fair day and night, it wound up more before it wound down.

As my anxious eyes scoured the sea of shoppers, i felt dizzy.  It was a shopping frenzy.  Could i possibly finish with a smile?  Then i thought of the reward to come... a trip to Broncos restaurant with my co-workers to celebrate a day well done.  As my mind filled with the busyness of the moment, i also found comfort and peace knowing that an end was coming, and it would be a good one.

Sometimes our longest days are planned, and sometimes they just happen.  In spite of the headaches, foot-aches, and heartaches, there is good news.  This time will not last forever.  If you are in the midst of the longest day, may God sustain and carry you to the next minute, and then the next minute, and then the next minute until you reach the minute you can rest in His peace. 

He cares, He can, He will get us through each day/season, no matter how hard or long.  There is Light at the end.

Thank You, Father.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment