Friday, April 29, 2016

after all i've done for you...

"Do everything in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14

The workday was over, and i was ready to go home.  Running to the office to fax an order, i realized i'd forgotten my machine key. I spotted Mrs. Sunshine with hers and asked to borrow it.  She teasingly hesitated, and i quipped, "After all i've done for you? Can't you do this for me?"  We both laughed as i used her key. As she left, i heard her whispering with a smile, " after all i've done for you..."

I said it in jest; but to be honest with you, it's not always the case. I have ugly moments that pop up and my heart burns like hot lava.  It's then i hear the same phrase whispered in my ears but with sadness, "after all i've done for you..."

Father, i want to show i belong to You.  Help me love ALL others, as You do me... complete with no reservation or hesitation.  Help me live in the freedom of believing there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  Help me distinguish between what i feel from what i know.

If we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment