Thursday, January 19, 2017

don't you know who I am?

"By God's mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20

Needing to check out a book, i asked the student for his ID card. He didn't have it. Although his face was familiar, his name was stuck in the back of my head, so i asked his name.  His response was embarrassing... 

"Don't you know who I am??"

Ironically, his words were all too familiar.  In recent days, they've continuously pounded in my head. With fear, doubt or anger racing up my spine, i've heard this same question from God.   
"Don't you know who I am??"
Unlike the student, His name I always know, but it's His Power that sometimes escapes me. When the dark clouds thicken around, we don't readily see His Almighty, Powerful Hand -- yet, it is always with us, on us, by us and for us. Through each and every situation we encounter, God is already in the midst, orchestrating what He deems necessary and perfect.  Our part is to TRUST and BELIEVE and REMEMBER not only Who He is, but What He is... our Almighty, Powerful God.

Father, I KNOW You are working in my life; thank You. Thank You for loving me even more when i fall short on faith.  For when i am weak, You are strong.

we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment