Friday, October 27, 2017

pick me!

"God wasn’t attracted to you and didn’t choose you because you were big and important—the fact is, there was almost nothing to you. He did it out of sheer love..." Deuteronomy 7:7 (the Message)

"Okay, Captains, pick your team."
Do you remember the terror on the playground when game sides were chosen?

"Pick me! Pick me!" It was the heart cry of all on the playground. No one wanted to be the last one standing... all alone, embarrassed, feeling unwanted or unworthy by both sides. But for an uncoordinated child, like me, it happened. 

Our cry may fall on deaf human ears (young or old), but not so for the True Captain and Leader of our life.  From one of the least, God heard my "Pick me!" cry on the very first whimper.

And He claimed me instantly.

From the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the Truth.

He chose us first, because He loved us first and best.  
Father, help me to love the least best too.

we are chosen and loved by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment