Wednesday, October 25, 2017

you shouldn't say that

"Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of him who lacks judgment." Proverbs 10:13

Recently i had an embarrassing conversation.  It went like this...
"I saw Terrie today; didn't you say she ignores you?"
"Yes, but I hope you didn't say that to her."
"Of course not. But, i did say to the person with her, how a true friend is a friend at all times."
"That was not a very Christian thing to do."         

OUCH! How that rod hurts!

And right she was... it was an unkind thing to say.  Although my words were true, they were laced with unkind intentions.  God is constantly teaching me lessons through others.  Many days I  come up short, stumbling and choking on my own tongue trying to follow Him.  Frustrating and embarrassing for me -- but of little surprise to our Father.  He knows our e-v-e-r-y thought and motive.

Lord, thank you for faithfully picking me up out of the mud.  I pray You do whatever You must to keep my focus on You and Your Will, and not my personal petty issues.  Thank You for loving me enough to rattle my teeth and heart when necessary.

we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment