Tuesday, November 28, 2017

how is your house standing?

"...God is the Builder of everything... Christ is faithful as a Son over God's house.  And we are His houseif we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast."  Hebrews 3:4,6
  


Thanksgiving… it delivered big -- incredible food, sweet gatherings with family and joyful celebrations with friends.  But it didn’t stop there. Added pounds from a reckless self-will inched its way under my skin too. The days between Thanksgiving and New Year boil over with temptations -- guaranteed to bring even the strongest to their knees, while clinging to a full plate dripping with gravy.  What’s a person to do?

Acknowledging what is ahead, i have a plan.  A plan to remove the culprit of unwanted bulges.  I have a Mind and Body Builder who can steer me clear of costly temptations.  I need only confess my weaknesses to Him and stick tighter than glue by His side day and night.  So here goes.


Father, keep me from overindulging in the fats of the land, from buying excess gifts for those who want for nothing and from greedily stuffing my plate/life with needless things.  Instead, help me butter the life of the hungry, spread warmth over the cold, dry the tears of the lonely, sweeten the soul of the hurting and heap layers of Your love on those who feel hopeless.  Father, You and only You, can give me the strength and will power to do good and not become a victim of this fallen world.  Build me up in Your Ways. Be not only the King of my castle, but the King of my heart, mind and soul.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment