Wednesday, November 15, 2017

they are watching you...

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good." Titus 2:7

Teachers pack a POWERFUL punch. Proof is found abundantly in and out of the classroom.  During one elementary summer break, my daughter was playing school.  I caught her "yelling" directions at her students. Later when i asked her why, she explained that was how Ms. Shoutout, her favorite teacher, did it.   
Her genuine response still swirls around in my head, reflecting the fact, teachers are dazzling, mesmerizing, captivating... their sphere of influence tremendous.  The children are watching... watching and learning from everything we say and do.  This lesson of old stirs up a question i ask myself everyday, "from God's eyes, how am i looking?"

Father, help me stay aware of my tongue and action.  May i feel Your presence beside me and within me as i interact with others, in the fishbowl-of-life. I pray to not cause them to stumble or stray, but instead guide them in looking up where our truest help and direction comes... You.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment