Friday, May 18, 2018

there's a hole in the soul...

"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."  1 Corinthians 12:27

While out recently, several changes were necessary in getting a sub for me.  The problem wasn’t finding one qualified for my position; sub demands were high.  And most anyone can fill my shoes behind the check-out counter in the Media Center – it doesn’t require brain surgery (although i have had it 😊).  The truth is we all are replaceable in our job at work or on committees we serve.

However, in Christ, we each have a job designed uniquely for us.  An individual purpose tailored specifically for each of us to assist in the growing of His Kingdom.  No one else can do what God has intended for us to do; it's our part alone.  We have different gifts, according to the grace given usAnd in serving God together in our special, given roles, God is glorified.
Father, Open my ears to hear You and my heart to serve you.  Fill my soul with Your desire for my life. Help us understand no one else can fill our shoes for the work You have in store for us.

There's a hole in the soul, if we don't do our part.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment