Thursday, August 16, 2018

now serving... casseroles

"Look to the LORD and His strength... remember the wonders He as done." 1 Chronicles 16:11-12

Are you ready for school to start?  While many are stacking new supplies and polishing up bulletin boards, i am preparing casseroles  -- not casseroles for the table, but for the soul.  

I am not ready for a fresh, new year.  Because of a broken finger, i am extremely limited and challenged at the typewriter.  Pecking with one finger is s-l-o-w with LOTS of mistakes, plus maneuvering a mouse left-handed is cRaZy.. It will be about 6 weeks before my situation changes. 
Feeling dismayed with my circumstances, a seed of hope from a sermon Sunday opened my heart and mind to a sweet solution.  Casseroles, with their delicious blend of ingredients, some old and some new, bring comfort in hard times.  I was served the words i needed to change my feelings from defeat to relief.  Instead of fresh, new devotions, i am going to revisit my supply from past years and serve casseroles -- coping, pasting and sharing what i already have in stock. A needed word of encouragement doesn't have to be original to be meaningful.

SO, i ask again, are you ready?  If your room is not completely finished, supplies not all received, equipment not functioning, BUT you are present...THEN, YES, you truly are ready.  Because no matter what you think, the most important part of your class is YOU and your smiling face!

This is going to be my last entirely "new" devotion for awhile; the thoughts are present, but the mechanics are not functioning well.  I pray the casserole devotions fill your soul with what's needed in the weeks ahead.  Thank you for encouraging me and others.... the day will be just fine!

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
He will provide for all our needs,
veneal 

No comments:

Post a Comment