Sunday, August 12, 2018

WTLB... know

KNOW, this week's Word to Live By, seems especially appropriate for the beginning of a new school year.

And yet there is so much of the unknown bidding for our time and attention:  
  • Why did I not accomplish more of my summer goals?
  • What will my new students be like?
  • Am I going to be ready for them?  
  • How will the new evaluations and expectations affect me? 
  • When am I going to learn to balance work and home so neither gets shortchanged? 
Although not knowing can be stressful, we have this promise from God's Word to encourage and remind us that it's not what we know, but Who we know that matters:

"That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day."  2 Timothy 1:12

Also, you should know you are not alone. Remember to tap into Gateways to Better Education, a wonderful resource for supporting Christian teachers in public schools:

https://gogateways.org/teachers

May this be the start of your best school year yet!

Blessings,

Dalene Parker, guest blogger
Words to Live By: One Word a Week (KNOW, pages 277-282)

No comments:

Post a Comment