Wednesday, October 3, 2018

the cat did it

"...fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience." 1 Timothy 1:18

Barry, you have a book that is a month late."
"Um... how long is a month?"
"Usually 30 days."
"Well, 30 days ago my cat went in my book bag and took out my book and some papers and hid them."
"Your cat hid your book??"
"Yes."
... and my dog ate my homework.

Move over 'lil doggie, you've got company on the "they-did-it" wagon.
Shifting blame never solves the problem, but a humble, honest heart produces respect.

Father, in a world so quick in refusing to accept responsibility for wrong, help us be bold enough to admit our faults and grow stronger from them.  The act will not define us, how we handle it will.

we are loved and chosen by God -- even with our faults,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment