Wednesday, March 27, 2019

kite flying

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind." Philippians 2:1-2

Kite flying ... sometimes we suggest it in fun, and sometimes in frustration.  It's all in how we say it.
"Let's go fly a kite"  -- is about sustaining a relationship

"Go fly a kite" --  is about departing from a relationship
Father, when the winds of turmoil blow through, as they will do, i'm praying extra hard for You to keep the strings of my life from tangling up and breaking.  Whether a gentle breeze, a constant wind or tropical-force gusts, keep my mind, my mouth and my heart focused on You.  When my heart is ripped, mend it and guide me to You, so Your strength and power may overcome my weaknesses, doubts and fears.  For when i am weak, You are the powerful wind at my back, lifting my spirits and faith.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment