Monday, October 21, 2019

renew me, please

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Can you renew my book, please?  It's a request i hear daily behind the check-out counter and one i gladly honor.  Sometimes the request is due to the daunting task of reading a lengthy book.  And sometimes the request is due to a lack of reading due to distractions by other activities. Either way, renewing it is a positive sign.  It signals the student has not given up and wants additional time to finish the story.  There is no penalty or fine for this action, only a reward in completing the story. 

Lord, sometimes i get off track with You and take a ride on my personal-agenda train.  And when that ride gets rough or wild due to uncertainties and fears, i realize how much i need You. Thank You, for always allowing and welcoming a way back to You.  Thank You, for seeing a renewing of my heart and spirit not as a weakness, but as a strength to persevere in our story.  Because of You, i know the ending will be glorious!

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment