Friday, November 15, 2019

send me! send me!

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" Isaiah 6:8
It's a sight teachers absolutely love: hands eagerly flying in the air responding to their questions. It's like watching a flock of seagulls soaring over the ocean... beauty in motion. Beyond a doubt, there is one sure-fire way of accomplishing this type of response.  Ask for a volunteer to deliver a message, run an errand, or any other reason to depart from the classroom and there won't be a hand left in the lap.

As students of the Word, our eagerness in responding to our Teacher's requests to leave the classroom should be the same.  God is constantly searching for volunteers to deliver His message, to do His work and to leave the routine of classroom learning for some hands-on action.

Listen.  He's asking right now for a volunteer. 

"Who will share My love with the unlovable? Who will provide help to the needy?  Who will stand up for the abused? Can anyone deliver the message of forgiveness to a neighbor?"

I feel a breeze in the air with hands going up.  God is surely smiling with joy.

we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment