Tuesday, April 14, 2020

a lasting memory

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

This year most of us were forced to find new and different ways to celebrate Easter.  Our neighborhood held an "I SPY Easter Egg Hunt". 


Yesterday my dogs and i walked around removing signs from telephone poles about the "I SPY" activity.  Afterwards, we came back home where i took up our decorations.  I felt a tinge of sadness about it ending, as it had been a fun, safe alternative for children to spy eggs. 
   









But thanks to the harsh Sunday storm, the event did not end, and i was left with a lasting memory. While picking items up, i found one of my cross eggs in a tree ripped open, and the top was no where to be found. I'm going to leave the opened cross in my yard.

I recalled at Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, the weather was harsh with violent earthquakes. Matthew 27 tell us, "when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split and the tombs broke open."

Then Matthew 28 tells us "there was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it." Then the angel said to the women, Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen."
My Easter cross, as His tomb, was empty.  

Easter is only over and forgotten, if we choose to let it be.

Thank You, Father, for the lasting memory.  Thank You, for the gift of eternal life.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment