Monday, April 27, 2020

somewhere over the rainbow

 “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never endsHis mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulnessHis mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on Himto those who search for Him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.Lamentations 3:21-26

While on a morning walk, i spotted a neighbor and her children at their picnic table creating artwork. We waved and chatted. I told them about rainbows popping up in windows around the world as a reminder of God's promises and love for us.  When possible, i wanted to find a rainbow to place in one of my windows.


A week later, an unexpected rat-a-tat-tat at my door brought a sweet surprise.  My little-T friend, not only heard my wish, but painted me a beautiful rainbow... one full of love and hope. It's exactly what i and most of the world need now.  And i
f you look closely, you can even spot a cloud heart. 



His picture is actually a twice-as-nice one. The back of the framed picture is just as special.  It's covered in more hearts and love yous. So whether going or coming in my house, or going about inside of my house, i have reason to smile and be thankful. 


Like you, i am missing family visits - smiles from school - HUGS from everybody - meals with friends - casual shopping and outings. But i am reminded by little-T's special rainbow, storms do end and rainbows show up. We have God's promise He has not forgotten nor neglected us.

As God listens to our prayers, may we listen to the needs of others.  We have no idea what impact even a small act of kindness might have on another.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
there there are sunnier days ahead.
I'm trusting God.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment