Thursday, December 17, 2020

can CHRISTmas be saved?

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"Come here and show her what you did."

Oh no, my heart froze. Now what?  Being the active little fella he was i expected the worse.  I held my breath as i walked around the circulation desk to see the damaged goods.  I pictured Mark holding one of our library books with either a big rip in it or juice spilled all over it. Yet, it was neither.

In his little hands he held a book...

one he made, with his precious drawings.  My heart now felt heavy. Why did i expect the worse from him?  I loved his manger scene. It was so special for CHRISTmas. 

 As i looked through his book at his drawings, he quietly stood by. I wasn't sure why he included a picture of people in the water. So i asked him.

It was then he explained to me it was a picture of him and Jesus... and he was going to be saved this weekend.

So how did he end his story?

...with Jesus in his heart.

For God so loved the world, He gave His only Son... for me, and for you, and for you, and for you... that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life.

CHRISTmas is because He loves us -- that much.  Thank you, my little friend, for reminding me of this important fact.

So, can CHRISTmas be saved?  Yes!  But more importantly, CHRISTmas saves. And that's reason enough to be JOYful.

we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,

veneal


Hallelujah!  Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment