Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Rock needed

"I love You, Lord; you are my strength . The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." Psalm 18:1-2

She had fallen again... face down smack in the dirt.  The addition to my manger scene, an angel, was a real lightweight.  Whether a gust of wind or a gentle stir of the air or the touch of a curious 2 or 4 legged bypasser, she possessed weak knees.  Digging her feet deeper down into the dirt and pine shaving was not helpful.  She was in need of some rocks for a stable, firm foundation.

Father, i'm no angel; but i am in need of a Solid Rock Foundation.  When unwanted winds of indifference, pain or disappointment blow around my soul, i find myself weak in the knees and eating dirt.  And even though i love You with all my heart, my selfish humanness causes me to respond to situations based on my personal desires.  

Nothing touches us without first flowing through Your Mighty, All-Knowing Hands. Continue sifting what needs to be in or out of me, so i might be filled with more of You and less of me.  Then i can know true inner peace and JOY.  This is my heart desire, during this holy CHRISTmas season and always.

More than anything, may we shine for You and about You.

we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment