Friday, February 26, 2021

are your ears burning?

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24

My ear was burning...  What was going on?  And then it hit me.  Being a klutz not only applies to sports and other activities requiring coordination for me, but evidently for hair straighteners too.  Using the devise on my waves, i clamped down on my ear with the 400-degree plates.  Experience tells us numbness occurs first with a burn. So, it wasn't until after i hurriedly left for school the surging, pulsating pain crept in. Once in the parking lot, i scanned my car for anything that might reduce my pain. And what to my wondering eyes appeared.... Burn Relief gel!!  I don't remember where, when or how it got there... but it answered my painful prayer for help.

Father, i was thrilled to find a quick, effective remedy for my burned ear.  But it also brought to mind another type of ear burning... the phrase we use to suggest someone is talking about us. Burning for good vibes is wonderful, burning for anything else, well, i rather not.  May my actions, motives and words be positive and encouraging to others.  Such behavior brings healing and peace to the giver and the receiver and glory to You.  There's nothing better than a Good Word to sweeten the soul.

Are your ears burning this morning?  Don't worry, here's your Burn Relief gel... i'm claiming you as one of my sisters/brothers letting the Light of our Father shine in what you do. I love doing life with you!

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment