Monday, March 1, 2021

Amazing!

"I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. T
hen Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. 
" Ephesians 3:16-19

Every year when we receive the Book Fair inventory, i look over the cases and boxes and think, "Really?? Is that all they sent?  This is going to be a disappointing event."


But once we start setting up -- opening the cases, unloading the boxes -- we find ourselves needing to spread the treasures out from one end of the Media Center to the other. 




The large selection and end result always leave me feeling simply amazed and excited.  The thrill of seeing it come together is only exceeded by watching the JOY and endless enthusiasm of our students as they visit the Fair from day one to the very end.

Father, i feel similar to this regarding Your love for me.  I look and see all my smallness and brokenness, and think,  "look at me... surely, You are disappointed. You can't possibly love me that much... what have i done to deserve You and Your blessings, mercy and grace?"  

But then i read Your Word and am reminded Your Love for me is not based on what You see, but on the fact i belong to You.  I am Your treasured child, the apple of Your eye.  Your love for me is wider, deeper, higher and longer than i can possibly comprehend. I stand in humble awe of Your amazing, immense love. With a thankful heart, i pray my JOY for Your love overflows in gratitude by the sharing of Your wonderous, amazing Love and Light with others each day. 

What a Book Fair!  But more importantly, what a God!  I'm simply amazed, aren't you?

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we life, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment