Thursday, February 9, 2023

what did you say?

"Friends, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19


Do you sometimes have brain overload?  Thinking, planning, doing in many directions? An
embarrassing moment recently reminded me speed is dangerous not just on the road, but also in the brain.


A coworker had on a really cute sweater. I KNEW is was a hedgehog on her sweater; we had seen her earlier in the library and talked about how much we love hedgehogs and even read a book about "Hedgie".  

But my MIND said, "hey, that also looks like a porcupine."  So, as we were leaving school, i saw her again in the hallway and said, "See you later, Porky!" 

"What! Oh, no! " My brain said, "Surely you didn't say that!!"

Shocked and quite embarrassed, i apologized, explaining my brain issues to her.  She kindly laughed and i quickly left.

Father, life can be a crazy whirlwind. Please help me slow down.  My brain and mouth need time to connect before my lips open.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment