Friday, April 21, 2023

be like Him

Jesus, the Good Shepherd...

"He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out." John 10:3



"This is one of my favorite books, Sally."

“How do you know my name?”, Sally asked.  It took all the strength and seriousness i could muster not to chuckle and blurt out… because it's written on the NAME card you just gave me. 

Lord, sometimes I behave like you don’t know or remember me. Yet, you know me better than I know myself…  even to the exact number of hairs on my head. But you don't just know me, you love and care for me unconditionally too. 

Help me to care and treat others with the same love, grace and mercy you so freely pour out on me.  You, Father, know the names and circumstances of the ones suffering around me. Soften my heart to those who have broken hearts and spirits. Help me to be more attentive to Your nudgings, to hear their cries and to love them in their brokenness and darkness. 

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, live and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment