Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:13

Comfort is a crucial need in our life. As a mother comforts her child, He comforts us. God uses a mother's love to describe His own feeling... caring deeply for another and sacrificing self for their welfare. It is what God considers an essential element to our peace -- with Him and others.

I miss you, Mother. Yet, i feel you "with me" in things i do and say. You're gone, but you're not. The truth is -- time does not heal loss, i miss you everyday. But for sanity sake, we have to learn how to move on. So, i strive to live each day in a way to honor you. To see your smile again, how beautiful that would be. One day... one day i will. And the angels will sing.
 

Father, if only my arms were longer... i'd reach up to the heavens to hug Mother and whisper Words of thanks.  Please hug her for me, tell her i love her and Happy Mother's Day. May i live to bring her honor and You glory.  When that awkward and lonely silence strikes again, help me remember to turn to You first. You offer wonderous Words of life.  

Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing...and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever.

The love of a mother... it is special, everlasting and unconditional. Thank you, to the many mothers who spread, share and provide comfort daily.  Whether a mother-by-blood or a mother-by-heart, you are a blessing. And God is smiling at you, His good and faithful servant... His shining witness to comfort.

Happy Mother's Day!

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment