Friday, January 5, 2024

do you make mistakes?

"It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. 
The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."  Psalm 119:71-72

"Do you have any white out?"  But before I could respond, she continued, "Oh, that's right, you don't need it because you don't make mistakes."  

It's one of our long-standing, favorite jokes, and we both had a good laugh remembering the first time i told her that. My classic response to her question is partially right. The truth is i make PLENTY of mistakes, i could write several novels on them.  I just don't cover up or erase them. What's done is done, and in many instances, there is no going back. A better solution is to look, learn and live by moving forward from them.

Father, may we see a mistake as a possible opportunity to learn and grow in being more Christlike.  The pain may then be replaced with the peace we gain.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment