Tuesday, May 14, 2024

where do you belong?

"For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16

"Well, John, we will not be here much longer."
"Why not?"
"It's almost summer, and we will all be going in different directions."
"But you belong here, Mrs. Williams, in the library."


And for the past 23 years that is where i have spent most of my days.  I couldn't help but chuckle as i remembered LA asking me at the end of our first year together if i were coming back the next year.  

Without hesitation i told her, "I don't know. I'm not even sure I am coming back tomorrow.  Only God knows the answer."  She didn't know whether to laugh or start looking for my replacement.

Needless to say, i haven't left... yet, but tomorrow is a new unknown day.  And my response to this question is the same today as it was 23 years ago.  

Is that a reasonable way to live or too carefree?  I'm not sure, but it is my way.  God has clearly led me in and out of places all in my life.  Some made sense and some seemed reckless, some i welcomed and some nearly destroyed me, some planted joy and some uprooted pain.  Yet, in the end, God's leading has shown to be the right way, as it allowed His peace to fill and still my soul. Trusting Him and His movement in me and for me is the unerring answer.  

I belong to Him first then, now and always.

Know that the Lord, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment