Monday, April 16, 2012

beware... there is an expiration date

"All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be... Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:16,23-24

Those who know me best, probably had a big laugh reading today's title, since expiration dates don't faze me much.  I've been known to keep items in the refrigerator until they turn into hairy green monsters.  The question most asked in my kitchen is "how old is this?"  I've tried to explain penicillin comes from mold, so just cut off the green and it's fine; now they remind me i've had a brain tumor and it's probably due to expired food.  I believe we are both a little right, and a little wrong.

What impact do expiration dates have on you?  Likely in regards to food, a significant amount.  How about your personal expiration?  Our days too are numbered, but only God knows the exact count.  All we know for sure is we each have an expiration date.   

Lord,  I don't want to end up a hairy, green monster at the end of my life.  Help me to live each day as if it were my last... full of thanksgiving for You and grace and goodness for all in my path.  When i expire, i desire to be found in Your Presence with singing and joy.

have a living-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment