Friday, April 13, 2012

we've got a new brother!

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings..." Isaiah 52:7

With quick, determined steps, Ms. Kindly walked straight to me with her student tucked closely by her side.  Reaching me, she turned to him and said, “Now tell her what you did.”  My heart froze.  Had he dropped a book in the tub, had his dog chewed it or his younger brother marked in it?   With smiling, sky blue saucer-eyes, Sammy announced, “I asked Jesus into my heart last night.”  For a brief instant, i was distress my initial thoughts were unpleasant incidents, when what he had to share was the greatest news of all!

Thank you, Jesus, for the sweet surprises of hope and encouragement You sprinkle in my life.  Thank you for the beauty of the feet of those who boldly go forth to share the good news of the gospel and the good news of Your mighty works.  Please do not let me be tainted by this world in expecting bad news, when the GOOD NEWS of Your love and grace FAR exceeds any news this world can dish out.

Have an AMEN-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment