Friday, April 20, 2012

i don't just need a rock, but The Rock

Everyone should be quick to listen, s-l-o-w to speak and s-l-o-w to become angry.”  James 1:19

If a rock had been in the room, i would have slithered underneath it like a bug.  Papers flying out of the printer yelled out “unauthorized” user.  Looking up there was one student at the computers.  I scolded her for the heap of wasted sheets, but she denied it being hers.  My insistence grew as her denial did.  Finally, my co-worker provided a different, rational reason for the illegitimate copies.  Slowly and surely, i realized i was wrong.  I had flapped my accusing tongue in front of the innocent student and others … including God.

Lord, help me to slow down and not jump to conclusions.  Oh, how I desire for You to be the only Rock i need in my life... and one to cling to and not hide under.  An apology to her was a start in erasing my embarrassment, but the foolishness of it lingers like smelly humble pie.  Thank you, Father, for your loving and stern reminder to speak s-l-o-w-l-y and to listen to others better.

have a care-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment