Monday, November 19, 2012

i am thankful for _______.

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now..."  Philippians 1:3-5 

It’s Thanksgiving week, and the wisdom of the Kindergarteners’ turkey place mats keep swirling in my mind.  The typical responses expected from 5 year olds on what they're thankful for… toys, bikes, electronic devices… were minimal.  Their overwhelming response centered on relationships... mom, dad, pets, cousins, brothers, sisters, God and Jesus.

Out of the mouth of babes, truth flowed -- hearts still untainted by the world.  The genuine riches on earth are planted in our relationship with each other... God, family and friends. The love, care and trust we develop in our relationships is priceless and everlasting.  How very grateful i am memories can sustain and comfort us, when physical contact is not possible.

Father, thank You for the many acts of kindness, encouragement and goodness You provide me through my sisters and brothers in Christ.  And thank You for Your indescribable gift, your Son, Jesus, my Savior.  What a wonderful Thanksgiving this will be!

have a thank-filled day!
veneal






No comments:

Post a Comment