Wednesday, February 20, 2013

i must tell you...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Today is not a regular, or easy devotion.  When i checked my email, i discovered some very disturbing, sickening news. American Family informed and asked me to sign a petition regarding a "Saturday Night Live" skit.  To my  horror, the comical skit mocked my Jesus and portrayed Him in a horrific role as a bloody avenger. It was outright blasphemy.  A link to the site is below.

http://action.afa.net/email/online.aspx?cid=2169&mid=15006126&tid=aa&utm_source=smAFA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2169

Ironically, before the email, i was dabbling on a devotion regarding relationships.  And the truth - we can't control other people, but we can control how they affect us - kept coming to mind.  I am praying and striving hard to focus on this fact. After i signed the petition, i went to SNL's facebook page and entered my comment, "my God is awesome and holy... and He has something i can hardly fathom - forgiveness for deliberate and senseless acts, such as yours. His forgiveness is big enough even for this. I pray you realize what you are doing."  

I don't like it when others talk badly or ridicule "my Daddy", but as His child, i don't think He wants me to act like them. We are called to be like Him. That forgiveness thing... it is big. And so is prayer.   Praying for the ones who participated with the skit, and for all who saw it. May their eyes and heart be opened to His Truth.

Father, help me to be bold... in acting right, doing right and trusting You in all things.

have a right-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment