Friday, February 22, 2013

who needs my scissors?

"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil..." 2 Timothy 2:24-26

The cut was past due... frazzled split and dead ends were rampant. It's wonderful what a good whack accomplishes. The hair cut immediately lifted my spirits.

Other parts of my life also need a cut or a good trim... like control.  Some relationships strip me of energy and drag me down dead end streets, shredding my heart. My stress level jumps when others i care for make harmful or careless decisions. And exhaustion escalates as efforts to help fall on defensive ears. There is nothing more taxing than trying to control others. 

Father, the truth is i cannot change other people; only You can. Give me the strength to cut out the unnecessary desires, to trim back on the questionable wants and to move in closer to You as i trust You in all things.  Help me cultivate healthy relationships that strengthen me in serving You. Growing with and in You is always good and right.

LET GO, AND LET GOD... HE KNOWS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

have a freeing-filled day!
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment