Wednesday, April 24, 2013

crude, rude and socially unacceptable

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'" Matthew 18:21-22

The pinch on my heart left marks.  Mother taught me well the importance of proper respect and manners.  So, to learn from a friend i exhibited rude behavior to her, shocked me.  Edie followed me; and when i didn't follow her back, she left.  What i thought was irrelevant equaled a slap in the face. One good tweet (or following), deserves another... to the other. Humbly i'm learning new manners with social media.

Social correctness... today it extends beyond firm handshakes and a "yes sir". In this mega media social world, it's easy to miss, ignore, forget or misread communication with others. Unfortunately, ignorance doesn't excuse poor behavior or the hurt.  But forgiveness and love do cover it.

Father, thank You for teaching and showing us the importance of forgiveness. When Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing - He spoke this for me, as well as, the other sinners.  I am grateful the only counting is the counting on You for Your endless love, mercy and grace.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 

have a forgiving-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment