Wednesday, April 10, 2013

did you read the letter?

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe." Proverbs 29:25
  
"Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged." James 5:9
 
I wrote the letter. 
After years and numerous, wrongful incidents (in my eyes), i could no longer stay quiet.  The offensive behavior wasn't directed at me personally, but my child.  I wrote and sent a letter of my grievances to the head office.  I considered sending it without my name, but couldn't.Years ago, i painfully witnessed others skirt-the-truth or outright lie in fear of losing their job. Their fear protected them, but hurt others, including me. Truth is always right, despite the negative consequences that might erupt. I signed my name to the letter, knowing i might jeopardize my child's job. Speaking words i "own" to anyone, anywhere, at any time is better than playing charades.

Father, when i am sinking in troubled times, help me to stay honest, but not grumble.  Sometimes in  responding to wrongdoings, i whip out a knife sharp tongue.  Lead me to worship not worry, and to praise not pity.  When i remember -- focusing on You minimizes the issue, and focusing on the issue minimizes You --  peace is restored, because earthly life is entirely about trusting You with every minute.  We are a broken people -- with a Perfect God.  Thank You, Father!

have a truth-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment