Friday, April 12, 2013

i can speak for myself

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance...We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies...Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."  2 Thessalonians 3:5,11,15-16

"Susie, did you bring your id card with you?"
"She didn't, Mrs. Williams."
"Thomas, Susie can speak for herself; you are responsible only for yourself.  Be thankful."

This is not just an occasional conversation, but a daily one.  Students constantly feel the urge to speak on behalf of their classmates.   Not only does this slow down the book check-out process, but is an unnecessary distraction. The business at hand is between Susie and me... not Susie, Thomas and me.  Three is a crowd, and can destroy meaningful focus and interaction.

Father, thank You for designing me with a brain, heart and voice. I pray you guide me in using all three at the appropriate time with the appropriate people. Let me speak and act accordingly, so to bring honor to You, and to be filled with Your Peace.

have an honorable-filled day!
veneal



No comments:

Post a Comment