Friday, April 25, 2014

not the job for me!

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6


I could not move by the accident fast enough; the stench of the vomit was putrid. Feeling queasy, i was exceedingly thankful to keep walking.  It was not my job to clean it up, but someone else's.



Oh, how i give thanks to the many who do jobs i dislike!!  I am grateful to have the opportunity to concentrate on what i enjoy.  I didn't stop to help Mr. P. with his stinky job, but i did slow down and say, "thank you!" His ease and contentment in doing his job made me glad to know him... a true brother-in-Christ.

Make someone's day, and tell them how much you appreciate what they do.  It takes all of God's children to get His work done.  And each job is important, possibly impacting the eternity of another.  In Christ we who are many form one body.

have a thank-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment