Friday, April 18, 2014

what a week!

"'Hosanna!  Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!"'  John 12:13

 "... tell him,' The Teacher says:... I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples...'"  Matthew 26:18

 
"Then all the disciples deserted Him and fled." Matthew 26:56

 
"Do you want me to release 'the king of the Jews'?  They shouted back, 'No, not him!  Give us Barabbas!'"  John 18:39-40

 
"'I don't know the Man'... Then Peter remembered... and he went outside and wept bitterly." Matthew 26:72, 74

 
"Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.'"  Luke 23:32

  

Easter week, it is hard to take in and understand all that happens.  What a wide range of emotions... praise, celebration, fear, rejection, sorry, forgiveness.  Has much changed? 

There are times i feel like i experience Easter week 52 times a year.  I sing praises to God along with HIS radio.  I celebrate His supper at church.   I ignore the chance to love a lonely, hurt one.   I speak harshly and out of turn to an innocent person.  I am embarrassed by not standing strong in what i know to be right.  And through it all, God forgives and loves me.  My emotions and actions can be erratic, thankfully God's are stable and constant.  Remember His love, and celebrate Easter!

have a praise-filled Easter Weekend!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment