Monday, May 5, 2014

i need to show you something...

"My child, don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment. Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul. They are like jewels on a necklace." Proverbs 3:21-22


"Mrs. Williams, i need to show you something."
Max then pointed to a reading test on the computer and said, "I did not take this test."


I examined the test on the computer screen, verifying it was on his record. But he still insisted he did not take the test.  Usually i ask more questions, but there was a very interesting fact staring at me. The test score was 100.  Instead of accepting the perfect score, he wanted the erroneous test and perfect score removed.  Wow... he had to be telling the truth.


Honesty and integrity.  In a world full of greed, i witnessed the strength and boldness of a 10-year-old to do right.  Max thought he showed me an error -- instead he showed me an act of righteousness.

Thank You, Father, for sweet glimmers of hope in a harsh world.  Help us all to hang on to what is true and right.

have a good-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment