Wednesday, May 7, 2014

it's not who you think

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

Was it her birthday? Was it the day she was elected as the first woman to the Supreme Court?  I had no idea, why students had drawn pictures of Sandra Day O'Connor, but there she was in the hallway.  Or, so i thought.



The writing  underneath the pictures provided the answer... and it wasn't what i expected.  The pictures were not of Sandra Day O'Connor, but George Washington. 


Mistakes... they are easy to make,  especially when the evidence points us in another direction.  Not everything we see, hear or experience is as it appears.  Sometimes we need to probe deeper for better clarification and wiser decisions.  And all the time we need God's guidance.

Father, when left on my own, i draw wrong conclusions and take off down the wrong path.  I need to seek direction from You in all areas of my life.  Peace of mind is possible when i mind You first.

have a seeking-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment