Thursday, June 12, 2014

the last rose

"As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. Truly I tell you,” he said, this poor widow has put in more than all the others.  All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." Luke 21:1-3

Bags of stuff lined the hallway.  My daughter was moving out, and i had a lot of stuff needing a new home.  I called a member of our church to see if her granddaughter might be interested in examining the goods.  She was delighted.  So with bags in tow, i gladly took it all to her home.  They met me outside, we chatted and they eagerly helped me unload my car.  Then the real blessing happened.

Before i left Ms. Lou handed me some flowers.  She had cut the last of her roses and gave them all to me.   I gifted her my excess; she gifted me with all she had.



There is no doubt where the greatest blessing occurred. 

Father, what a lesson.  Keep plucking those thorns of pride, and reminding me of the true story of giving from the heart.  How easy it is to give what we don't want.  The real question is am i willing to give my all to You and others. Open my heart and my hands to hearing You and serving others.

have a giving-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment