Monday, June 23, 2014

too much

The sun is up, the day is here, and so is my God. He reminds me... "I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Today i am reminded of a "too much" problem... the one of too much love. When you love too much, you fall prey to heartache.  So it is with our children.

Today my daughter leaves for Germany for at least one year.  She married 2 months ago and is anxious to join to her husband in the Army.  I am thrilled for the exciting new chapter in her life, but selfishly aching and wanting to hide her passport. 


I can't help but remember my younger years with my Mother. She always wanted me close by, even as i was eager for independence and freedom as a young adult.  I couldn't understand her reluctance to let go, now i do.  Oh, the pain of understanding.  There is no better way than experiencing it.  The deeper the love, the deeper the emotions... all of them.  The love for our children is an abyss. 

Together we will finish packing Anna up.  Gently placed beside her shoes, clothes and makeup will be my heart. Pray for smiles at the airport, as i place her hand in God's and walk away with His other Hand in mine.  Together with Him, i just know this chapter will be wonderful because He is the Author.  There will be tears today from me and that will be fine. Don't you cry when you read a good chapter too?  

Tissues, hugs and God... may they cover our eyes, heart and soul with comfort.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment