Friday, June 20, 2014

Who's in the house?

Jesus said...
"everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it has its foundation on the rock." Matthew 8:24-25

Summer is in full swing, and so is the door to my house.  My son continually invites people over.  If i run an errand, it's not unusual to find a strange car in the driveway when i return -- leaving me to wonder, who's in the house now.  Do you ever wonder who's in your house?

Not all visitors are expected or welcomed in my house... or life.  There are visitors that add sunshine and joy, and there are visitors that bring rain and high winds.  Some visitors we invite and others just pop-in.  Because of these facts, there is One i need to always find in my house -- God.

Only God provides the foundation and power to withstand and overcome the trials and hardships that walk through our doors.   When trouble comes knocking, i want God there to answer the door.  He knows exactly how to handle it.

Father, i need You to be my Foundation, my Rock, my All, through the sun and the rain.  With You i am ready for the day.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment