Wednesday, December 3, 2014

an unplanned checkup

"It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from Your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold... Lord, may your unfailing love be my comfort..."Psalm 119:71-72, 76

Where are your treasures? What do you value in life?

The past few days i have been forced to reconsider these questions.  On Sunday i was stunned to discover my charm bracelet gone. It is my heart-cherished possession, a special gift from my Mother when i became a mother. It's only charms are my children's head silhouettes.  I have worn it daily for over 25 years. My children always tease me saying they know where i am because of the jingle of my bracelet.  My jingle is gone.  Losing it is like losing a part of my Mother -- again. Truly a dark cloud rolled in and threatened endless gloom over a holiday of Thanksgiving and beyond.

But the cloud is slowly breaking.  As devastating as the past few days have been... it has also been good. Peeps of Sonshine include:

*Prayers, words of encouragement and support from friends and family
*Suggestions and helpful actions
*A policeman who went beyond normal procedures to investigate
*Testimonies of miracles shared
**And most importantly, transformation.  With God, my heart of mourning is healing and turning into a heart of gladness. I am cultivating a heart of thanks for the joy of having the bracelet for over 25 years... for the memories it produced... for the gift of love beyond the bracelet that it represented, which cannot be lost, stolen, taken or removed.  

In my lost, i realize all the more i have gained.


I know God has a plan/lesson in this... He is growing something in me or removing something from me. I need to trust Him in this difficult time, as well as the good times. His Will will be done, and i pray it includes the recovery of my bracelet. But whatever happens, this i know, in the end His Peace and Love is still greater than gold... and that just might be my lesson. And it will be okay.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment