Thursday, December 11, 2014

Caution! robberies are in progress

"What has happened to all your joy?..." Galatains 4:15


There is a thief lurching outside your door, wanting to rob you.  How do I know?  I know because I have already had a nasty battle with him.


It was a close call.  I almost got completely chewed up and swallowed by a monster storm of dismay, disappointment, and despair.  Due to a variety of unrelated circumstances over the past week, the thick clouds of doom gathered.  Lost values, sickness, accidents, careless decisions and other issues threaten to dismantle and shred the JOY and HOPE of CHRISTmas.  


Then it hit me, like ice water in the face... WAKE UP.  Satan, the great stealer and deceiver, was singing with delight.  He was out to steal my joy, and was doing a great job of it. He had been busy tossing out stumbling blocks, and i was tripping over all of them. 


But back off, bad boy, because i have reclaimed my joy.  You will NOT defeat me during this glorious CHRISTmas season.  I can't control the circumstances around me, but i can control how they affect me.  If the disciples could withstand jailing, beatings, persecution and crucifixion and keep their joy, surely i can rise above my aches and the worlds to remain joyful in Him.  So,  let's close that back door to woes and open the front door to joy.  

Father, to you be the glory today and forever more! Your immense love for us is reason enough to be JOYous.  Thank You.




"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests." Luke 2:14



Need some help finding your JOY? Listen to this:

http://faithtap.com/2167/home-free-angels-we-have-heard-on-high/




friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment