Friday, December 5, 2014

you are the gold and the tinsel

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

He knew before i did, and starting preparing my heart and path for what was to come.  I won't dwell on the loss of my bracelet much more, but i do feel compelled to keep sharing some incredible insight and hope God has revealed to me this week.

The constant support from so many has been utterly amazing.  I've received not only support from friends and family, but people i don't even know. 

And then there's God.

With an endless stream of depressing, sad news -- people's mistreatment of other people and the push to live in a me-number-one world -- how refreshing to witness the opposite.  This week restored my hope for mankind and filled my heart with gratitude. 

As concerned as i am with technology driving a greater crevice in our relationship with God, i've seen God's fingers actually use it for good.  With Facebook, the news of my bracelet has been shared close to 200 times.  This shocks me almost as much as the bracelet disappearing, especially since most of the shares are from complete strangers, or more accurately, angel strangers. And then there's my new profile picture.  An hour before i discovered my bracelet was gone, i changed my profile picture to the one below. I thought i was choosing it to help encourage others, during what can be a difficult season.


But was this actually a preparation for my heart and mind from God?  Through the tears and sorry, God planted a seed and directed my mind back to my many blessings. He has sprinkled my days with compassionate people. He has allowed me to see some in a new caring light. He has intertwined my life with new friends.  I am reminded of His perfect Word - The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Nothing surprises Him. He handles every situation perfectly... exactly who and what we need and when.  We are not left to fail, suffer or be overcome by misery, heartache or disappointment.  God may not give us what we want, but He will give us what we need.  If we can just take hold of that Truth, what might we see from Him and how much greater might the peace be we possess?


Even if my bracelet is never recovered, my heart is forever covered in gold with supportive friends like you.  You are the shimmering tinsel on my CHRISTmas tree this year. Thank you for shining, my friends, you remind me what is truly important... keeping our faith and trusting in God, no matter what, and being thankful.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment