Friday, December 12, 2014

on His path

The Lord said...
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 

The morning fog was thick as I traveled to be with Daddy for his surgery. With 3 close family members in the hospital, i was surrounded with concerns. Daddy's surgery was labeled high risk due to a heart that functions at 40%.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...

The fog reminded me of the many uncertainties in life, as well as the knowns. There were three knowns i leaned on heavily:
1.  God is aware and in control of everything. 
2.  God had prepared Daddy for this surgery months ago by allowing a medical condition to erupt, forcing a change in his medication. A change which drastically improved and strengthen his health to withstand surgery.
3.  Trust God always.

 Since you are precious and honored in My sight and because I love you...

On my drive, i didn't know for sure what laid ahead; but i knew keeping my focus on the road lines would deliver me safely to my destination. Likewise, keeping our focus and trust on God, our Life Line, and not our circumstance, is the key to peace and safety of mind.

Do not be afraid for I am with you...

Now, let's fast forward through the fog to the surgery. The surgeon told us to prepare for a 2 - 3 hour surgery, due to a dislocated ankle and 4 broken bones. But in no time, a humbled surgeon emerged and reported, we had received an early CHRISTmas present.  To his surprise the surgery only took 24 minutes... a real miracle and blessing.

You are My witnesses... and My servants whom I have chosen...

May we strive not to discount or dismiss what seems to be worthless or wrong or worrisome in life.  We have no idea how God might use it for the good later for us... or for another.  He has a plan, and His plan is always good and right and perfect. We need to be His witnesses and share the Good News with others. Many are hurting and in need of hope -- we've a story to tell them.

so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He."
Isaiah 43:1,2,4,5,10
 
Family... the true gold and treasures in life.
God... the Hope and Promise of what is to come.
CHRISTmas... He is our reason for JOY.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment