Wednesday, September 2, 2015

do you see it?

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Many days i comb the hallways consciously looking at student artwork for inspiration.  But the most powerful inspirations usually just slap me in the face when i am not even looking. Walking out of the cafeteria, i was preoccupied with some deep concerns. When my eyes finally shifted upward, i was stunned to see several sets of 3 crosses staring at me. 
Surprised and focused on the images, i crossed over for a closer look. I soon realized what i saw was not actual crosses, but the window frames around the stained-glass panes from our library.  I pass by this board at least 10 times a day and had never noticed "the crosses" before.  But on this particular day, a day i needed reassurance God was with me, He provided a clear vision.
How ironic.  Frames and panes reminding me i was not alone and the pain i was feeling is covered by the love, grace and mercy of our Father.  What perfect timing, what a perfect message, from our perfect Father. Whatever disappointments and trials are before me, God has my back... He is behind me, before me, beside me, above me, below me, around me, within me.  

Thank You, Father, for your abiding and unending love and strength.  You are my Rock.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment