Monday, September 14, 2015

ugly and dying

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah46:4

This past weekend WWO exploded... World War on Okra.


"I'm pulling it up tomorrow."
"What!?"
"The okra plants are ugly and dying. They have to go."
"But, it's still blooming, and i'm still picking okra."
"Sorry, it's making the yard look bad."

Hmmm... old, ugly and dying.  Do i risk being tossed out too ??

Father, i am thankful You value us  each and every day -- just because we belong to You.  As long as we have breath and rooted in You, the Fruit of the Spirit has an opportunity to bloom.  Whether i am producing fruit for You today or have drifted into a dormant season, You love me.  Oh, how i need to rest in that Truth some days... the Truth You will never forsake me, toss me aside or give up on me, especially when i feel shriveled, dried up and empty  Thank You, Father, for Your unending, undying love.  You are a God of Restoration, Mercy and Life.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment