Wednesday, September 16, 2015

shhh.... listen!

"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Same route, same time... yet my past two morning walks differed tremendously.  Listen to what i heard yesterday...

In the darkness, dogs ferociously barked from all directions interrupting my quiet time. I felt uneasy and unable to even hear my thoughts.

It was so unlike the morning before in the exact location... 
 so quiet and peaceful with a gentle song in the air.  Can you hear it? 

The recordings truly reflect the days before me.  Some days the barking and screaming in my head and heart drown out any peace God desires to pour into my life.  I'm so focused on the fears and terrifying voices around me, God's calm calling slips away from my consciousness.

And then there are the days, when i turn first and foremost to God in stillness and prayer.  In the quiet of these moments, i am filled with His cooing and tender singing, assuring me of His constant Presence, Peace and Preparation.

Has someone or some circumstance let the dogs out in your life?  Are they distracting you from the Truth that God will never leave or forsake you?  Erase the noise and lies.  God wants to provide us with His Joy in the morning.  I need to hear the comfort of His songs over and over again in my head, not the yelping of unseen beasts.  

Listen... what do you hear?

The LORD is my strength and my song...  The LORD is my strength and my song...

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment